Friday, April 8, 2011

One year over - the best bits

My first year in college is over, bar the exams, and it's time to look back at the most outstanding moments which will stay with me for the rest of my life. Serious reflection can be done another day. These are not in any particular order.

1. A lecturer begins term by announcing that the first few lectures will be on teleportation - and those interested in how to make a light-sabre can speak to him afterwards! - and, of course I did :-) Definitely the most mind-bending module for me and love philosophical gymnastics.

2. The magical feeling after finishing the Christmas exams and the sense of pride and achievement which was felt by all of us who celebrated together with a bottle of Cava.

3. Attending the word games evening with the English Soc and meeting with a group of Pratchett fans (including our wonderful lecturer Frances). A social night playing and talking with many like-minded people.

4. My first A for an English essay and the Peel prize nomination.

5. The Pachacuti song and 'marvellous bureaucracy' - thanks Kate Q :-)

6. Chocolate muffins and lattes in Smokey's.

7. Discovering Linguistics as a subject and lectures from Graham.

8. Eamon keeping the Spanish class in fits of laughter.

9. The constant feeling that campus is where I belong.

10. Last, but definitely not least, the wonderful friends I've made - you know who you are. Thanks for everything, especially the giggles and the hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations & good luck with the exams. I can relate to No 9.

    ReplyDelete